Gw basic is famous and old programming language,we can also use GW basic compiler in window 7 and in windows 8 .
Problem solving In GW Basic
when we write a computer program GW BASIC , our main task is to solve the problem with the help of computer. . The procedure in which we write the program is called programming. Problem solving is not a single procedure is it process which contain many task in it.
if you want to download and install GW BAsic you can use this link
What steps are involved in problem solving in GW Basic Describe briefly.
The steps which are used in the solving problem of GW Basic are as follows.
- Define the problem: In the first step we see what kind of problem we are facing on other words we can say that what the problem is. What is the reason for the of program and if we will complete the program then what kind of goals we will achieve?
- Solve the problem: – In this process we write the program in simple English we can say that the English like way to write a program is called algorithm
- Drawing flowchart: – This is the step where we present the pogrom by using symbol
Coding: – In this step we write the code of the program.
Testing and debugging:
In this process we check the code of program and if there is any error we remove it
It is the last process of software development life cycle in this we write complete description of a program .
What is algorithm in GWBASIC here we will discuss the algorithm with the help of a program which will find the largest among three number X, Y, Z.
Algorithm: – The step by step process for explaining a special difficulty is called algorithm.
Here is and algorithm which number is greater between three numbers :-
- Read any three numbers A, B, C.
- If X is greater than y and X is greater than Z then print greater number X as a
- If Y is greater than x and Y is greater than Z then print greater number Y as a
- If Z is greater than y and Z is greater than X then print greater number Z as a
Why we use flow chart in GW Basic
Now here we will see that what kind of symbol use and their functionality also.With the help of flow chart the programmer can easily find out the solution of a problem
We simply can say that the representation of a program by using symbol is called flowchart.
What is Terminal symbol: – This is the symbol that is used to show the starting and ending of a program
What Input output symbol: – The input and output symbols are used to show that which kind of input and output we are have in the program.
Read As, B
What is Processing symbol: – It is used to show the processing of the program
Decision symbol: – Decision making symbol is very important symbol which used to find that either condition is true or false
Arrows keys: – The Arrows keys are used to show the flow of program on a page.
ON-Page connector: – If we use such flowchart which contain more than one part then we need to use on page connector.
OFF-Page connector: – When there is large and difficult algorithm,when we have to draw flow chart to more than one page .In that case we need to connect the programs of different page ,we use off page connector.
AlSO Watch Video